Total Kaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Kaos

A moshpit of mayhem, madness and music.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can a relationship survive infidelity

Go down 
+6
Lacy
Donnie
Sunnyangel
Admin/Luka
Ozzie
Benj
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Benj

Benj

Can a relationship survive infidelity Empty
PostSubject: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:24 am

Having just been reading the affairs/cheating thread, was wondering how many people could actually forgive their partner if they admitted to cheating, and had remorse for their actions.

I have a bad habit of forgiving people time after time for things they do, but with regards to this particular issue I've always been rather harsh in the way I handle it.
Back to top Go down
Ozzie

Ozzie

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:43 am

I have, but in the end I find myself bringing it up every time they do something to piss me off, and that's not healthy for either of us. These days I'd simply take a leaf out of your book hun and turn and walk away without so much as a backward glance.
Back to top Go down
Admin/Luka
Admin
Admin/Luka

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 am

Even if it was a one off thing, I think it spells the end of the relationship. Very few partners who have been cheated on find the strength to put it behind them and continue.
Back to top Go down
https://kaos.rpg-board.net
Sunnyangel

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:50 am

Doubtful.

If I loved them I would certainly try to be the better person and forgive and forget, but I think in the end I would be consumed with the fear it would happen again and have to leave to spare myself any further pain.
Back to top Go down
Donnie

Donnie

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:19 am

Don't think I could just forgive and forget, neither would I expect them to forgive me if I did it to them. Maybe if you both went your separate ways and were able to come back together on down the track, you might possibly be able to start afresh. Doubtful though. I think the one who got cheated on will always panic and suspect its happening again whilst the one who did the cheating will feel like they are constantly being suspected of wrong doing every time they walk through the door 10 minutes late.

Moral of the story, grow some balls and finish one relationship before jumping someone else maybe.
Back to top Go down
Lacy

Lacy

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:58 am

I'm a very forgiving person, but cheating is something I think most of us have trouble leaving in the past. If you love someone, I think you have to try and save the relationship after infidelity, but as to how many relationships actually survive (and survive healthily) I'm not sure the stats would be good.
Back to top Go down
Davo

Davo

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:48 am

Think there's alot of factors involved here. Speaking as someone who fucked up and lived to regret it, all you can do is admit you screwed up, apologise from the heart, and hope in time you can prove to your partner that it will never happen again. But once that trust is gone man, you've got a devils own job of trying to win it back, which is exactly how it should be because its the ultimate betrayal.
Back to top Go down
Franco1

Franco1

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Anything that involves the loss of trust, whether it be cheating or something else, is very hard to overcome and takes alot of work from both parties. I could be very blase and say I'd walk out the door and never come back, but if I loved them? I honestly don't know which way I would swing.
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:38 am

No, I don't. I would suggest you either break up with your partner first, then go onto the next, or attempt to spice up your current relationship (maybe by bringing a mutual object of desire into the bed)
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 am

From personal experience forgiving is the easy part. It's the inability to forget that kills the relationship in the butt eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a relationship survive infidelity   Can a relationship survive infidelity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a relationship survive infidelity
Page 1 of 1