Total Kaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Kaos

A moshpit of mayhem, madness and music.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double standards

Go down 
+5
Admin/Luka
Maxine
kyles
rockaholic
Mish68
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mish68

Mish68

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:59 pm

As a single woman who enjoys the company of men, I was just wondering why we as females still accept the dreaded double standard that is associated with woman who dare to embrace their sexuality.

Why is it that in a world that has so many diverse technologies and idiologies, that the thought of a woman acting like, dare I say it, a man, brings her so swiftly under the microscope, and her morals immediately called into play.

Surely in this so called world of equality, what's good for one gender should be equally acceptable for the other?
Back to top Go down
rockaholic

rockaholic

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:33 am

I only had this discussion with a male friend the other day Mish. I absolutely agree... why is that women can't be viewed as people rather than an object to put on a pedastal? After all the higher the pedastal the harder & longer the fall! No thanks, I'd rather just live my life as I see fit. I'm not saying I'd screw for the sake of it, I do however go with my gut instinct & have shagged because I was with someone that I wanted to shag out of curiosity or because we were both in the mood. No regrets is my motto.... We each have our reasons for our actions & in the case of both women & men. If it doesn't harm you or the other party, than live & let live. :twisted: :inserts angel icon here: (after all we're all capable of both traits 8)
Back to top Go down
kyles

kyles

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:05 am

Sorry but I think it all has to do with self respect. I don't find someone that has a string of notches on his bedpost a mile long at all attractive and I wouldn't expect a guy to see it any differently. What guy in their right mind will knock back a free piece? Doesn't mean he wants to wake up with you in the morning now does it.
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:09 am

I don't think anyone was advocating humping for the sake of it here Kyles, simply posing a question as to why it is acceptible for a male to have had multiple partners (aka be a stud) yet a woman is viewed as having no scruples/morals (aka a slut).
Back to top Go down
kyles

kyles

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:12 am

So bed hopping is acceptable to you then?
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:15 am

What is acceptable or not to me, is just simply that ................ acceptable to me. I do not presume to sit any of my beliefs and/or morals onto the shoulders of anyone else other than myself. I simply believe that it is unfair for one gender to be regaled for the behaviour and the other slighted and held up to ridicule.

Different strokes for different folks. Whatever works for your personally.
Back to top Go down
rockaholic

rockaholic

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:29 am

I agree, we should not be judged by the actions we chose but by how we treat the person in question. A slut... hmm isn't that someone who puts it out there for anyone to take? & it is harmful to themselves? Exactly the opposite to what I was saying I think is healthy for self protection.
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:45 am

At the end of the day you are the one who has to be comfortable with your own actions. If you have respect and love for yourself then to hell with how others perceive you. Let us not forget that true friends don't judge the actions of those closest to them; they support, nuture and love.
Back to top Go down
kyles

kyles

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:46 am

Well I don't have friends who are loose nor would I embrace them within my personal space.
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 4:51 am

Perhaps I'm not phrasing my wording right. I am after all working with one hell of a monumental hangover and little sleep.

I simply think we all have the right (as adults) to choose the path (sexual or otherwise) that we take and should not be judged for that. Judge me as a person; as a parent; as a friend; as a co-worker. That's how I treat others, and how I would like to be treated. What gender we are or what happens between two people behind closed doors should be irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
rockaholic

rockaholic

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:32 am

Agrees wholeheartedly with you Max :star:
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:37 am

Double standards 244951 Sair
Back to top Go down
Admin/Luka
Admin
Admin/Luka

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:45 am

Almost posted this earlier and chickened out. Alright I was actually dragged out of here by a wanton wench with icons but it gave me a good excuse not to get my balls broken for what I was about to say :lol!:

I don't want a woman who has done half the footy team, or my mates, brothers, cousins twice removed etc. And if she has, then bloody don't tell me about it. I don't want to know the ins and outs of your previous relationships and I sure as shit don't want to feel as though I'm being compared.

I've been in bands for more than half my life. Yep I've screwed round and thought nothing of it. Sorry but I don't want someone I'm dating to do the same. Sanctimonious? Yeah.

(good thing I haven't uploaded the slapping icon yet huh)
Back to top Go down
https://kaos.rpg-board.net
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:52 am

I think we are confusing the issue Mish brought up slightly, but I appreciate the honesty that everyone has brought to the table.

Me I just want some :twisted:
Back to top Go down
rockaholic

rockaholic

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:19 am

Look I agree with Luka completely. I don't want a guy in my life that compares me to his other conquests or loves, jesus I don't want to be thought of a conquest in the first place! But hey our past is just that, past. It is however what made us who we are. A small piece at a time... Yes I know off subject, just being deep & philosophical for a minute there...

:lol!: @ Max's :twisted: Me I just want some Double standards 244951
Back to top Go down
Admin/Luka
Admin
Admin/Luka

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:21 am

So you don't need to use this icon on me then?

Double standards 572598
Back to top Go down
rockaholic

rockaholic

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 am

Not yet :tongue: nice icons though!!! well done! Double standards 92815
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 am

Where's my slapping icon huh?
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 am

:oops:

That will teach me not to scroll up before posting.

Double standards 572598 (smacks self)
Back to top Go down
Mish68

Mish68

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 am

May I say for the record that I don't sleep round, but I don't see why I should chain myself inside a chastity belt whilst not in a long term commited relationship either. I'm selective, careful and need something more than just physical attraction to seal the deal. I do however become irked when my fellow women see fit to look down their noses at me because I'm not sitting at home every weekend waiting for that mythical Prince Charming.

I simply ask why it is acceptable for one gender and not the other.

And then there's the age old chestnut of whether men prefer experience to innocence! Any man brave enough to comment on that?
Back to top Go down
Admin/Luka
Admin
Admin/Luka

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 am

Bugger the innocence. Don't want an angel. Just don't tell me about your past even if I beg on hands and knees alrighty?

Just give me someone experimental and I'm a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
Ant

Ant

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:55 am

Where's the line between normal, prudish and nympho drawn?
Back to top Go down
Mish68

Mish68

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:03 am

A manual WOULD be handy. Are there any figures out there indicating what exactly is the normal amount of bed partners for both genders in todays world?

I want to see if I am AVERAGE or EXCEPTIONAL lol
Back to top Go down
Maxine

Maxine

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:43 am

I'd hazard a guess that what is 'normal' for a female is a good three times less than what is the acceptable 'norm' for a bloke of the same age. Might have a little hunt via google to see if I can come up with any hard (poor pun I know Double standards 483521 ) facts on that one.
Back to top Go down
rockaholic

rockaholic

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 12:04 pm

:concurs with that nodding:

Ok... Shirts on or off? :answer this however you like from a male or female perspective, it's left wide open, but I am talking about the fact that men can walk around shirtless & we can not: "not that I'm complaining" :drools: :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Double standards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double standards   Double standards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double standards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next