Total Kaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Kaos

A moshpit of mayhem, madness and music.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Open Relationships

Go down 
+4
Styles
Ant
Sim
Admin/Luka
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin/Luka
Admin
Admin/Luka

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:20 am

Anyone else noticed how many people have 'in an open relationship' tattooed all across their facebook profile? If I'm with someone I'm only playing with them, or on a rare occasion tag teaming with them if we both agree to let another person into our bed.

This open relationship, screw whoever whenever confuses the crap out of me. Perhaps I'm just got a massive double standard chip sitting on my shoulder. Perhaps sleeping with someone else when your other half is actively involved is on the same moral level as two consenting adults who have made the decision to not exclusive.
Back to top Go down
https://kaos.rpg-board.net
Sim

Sim

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:52 am

I wouldn't be sharing what's mine with anyone else sorry. I think an open relationship is just an excuse to have your cake and eat it to.
Back to top Go down
Ant

Ant

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:26 pm

I've seen it work on a couple of odd occasions, but usually one partner discovers too late that it really isn't their thing, and jealousy rears its ugly head. A bit like a 3some gone wrong.

If it works for the two people involved fine. Not something I would want to be involved in myself.
Back to top Go down
Styles

Styles

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:16 am

I agree with Sim. People shouldn't be shared anyway
Back to top Go down
Ozzie

Ozzie

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:55 am

Open relationships, swinging, anything like that only works for a select few. Not my style.
Back to top Go down
rockaholic

rockaholic

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:04 am

Yep got to agree @ Ozzie

It's definitely an individual/coupled thing, if it does work for you, more power to you & your relationship & I'm not going to try & disect it or pretend to understand it.

I'm a one guy type of girl.. Trust is Primary in any relationship, but that doesn't relate to this topic really, because in an 'open relationship' apparently all encounters are talked about honestly? Well it's the only way it could work I'd imagine.

But.. If I'm with someone that I love & our relationship was a good one, being with someone else is definitely the very last thing on my mind.. so in short, not for me.
Back to top Go down
Benj

Benj

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:46 pm

I've only ever seen it work once, and the couple involved are still together to this day, and 100% devoted to each other. If you take the unusual sexual aspect of their relationship out of the equation, they have what I would classify the perfect relationship. Trust, love, loyalty, mutual understanding, just to name a few. I just don't really understand how any relationship can stand 20 years worth of other partners flitting in and out of your relationship without jealousy or insecurity raising its ugly head.

And yes, even as I type this, I realise I am sounding like somewhat of a hypocrite. My 20's were far from tame; did alot of crazy things. But any experimentation I did was with my partner right beside me, not one or both of us off with new people.

Swinging/open relationships is simply one part of the sexual equation that has never been something I've been interested in exploring.
Back to top Go down
Sunnyangel

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:53 am

I think often one person gives in to keep the other happy, which may be well and good at the time, but if you are doing something that goes against the grain sooner or later you will end up in one great big heap.

Sorry guys, still haven't replied to all of the threads I've missed out on, but running late for an appointment. Will try and be on more often Open Relationships 43284 Open Relationships 14711
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Open Relationships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Relationships   Open Relationships Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open Relationships
Page 1 of 1