Total Kaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Kaos

A moshpit of mayhem, madness and music.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why do men always need to make the first move

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ant

Ant

Why do men always need to make the first move Empty
PostSubject: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:46 am

Would be nice for a woman to have enough confidence to make the first move for a chance. And by that I don't mean some drunken groupie throwing themself at me and bouncing off the fretboard. Is it just a confidence thing or is it still considered unacceptable for women to do it?
Back to top Go down
Benj

Benj

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:50 am

I don't think it's so much an issue of being unacceptable, more a case of the majority of women lacking the confidence to put themselves in a position where rejection may be possible.
Back to top Go down
Ant

Ant

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:54 am

But don't you think us guys feel like that to? Not a mind reader here. And I'm shocking at reading the supposedly subtle hints women give out. Just treat me caveman style, hit me over the head, and drag me back to your cave if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Davo

Davo

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:56 am

I hate the ones that get their mates to come over and chat you up on their behalf. If their old enough to be at a gig/club, then they are old enough to do their own dirty work surely.
Back to top Go down
Benj

Benj

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:00 am

You have to factor in the age old 'double standards' though.

Some men will find a confident woman intriguing and irresistible. Others will brand her as an aggressive man eating bitch.

I'm guilty of not making the first move; openly admit it. I've probably missed out on some truly wonderful relationships by being too shy to just bowl on up to them and offer to buy them a drink. And supposedly I'm not easy to read either, which means any subtle hints I may be attempting to give off are probably totally wasted on the object of my affection.
Back to top Go down
Davo

Davo

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:01 am

Holy shit, forget the matter at hand.

Ant just posted a thread Why do men always need to make the first move 92815
Back to top Go down
Benj

Benj

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:01 am

lol ... yay Ant Why do men always need to make the first move 14711
Back to top Go down
Davo

Davo

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:04 am

I'm a fan of the 'intriguing and irresistible'.

It's engrained from an early age that its the guys job to have to ask the chick out - make the first move - set themselves up to look like a total idiot if the feelings not mutual. We do it because we haven't got any other choice. But a woman confident enough to come up and start a conversation is dead sexy in my book.

And since when have you been the shy type Benj? lmao
Back to top Go down
Ant

Ant

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:05 am

Was just thinking the same thing lol. I would have said you were one of the most confident women I knew.
Back to top Go down
Benj

Benj

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:08 am

I am around people I know ... but put me in a room with someone who makes my heart suddenly skip a beat, and I'll more than likely turn a lovely shade of red, become totally inept at stringing more than three intelligent words together, and have a major panic attack if he so much as starts heading in my general direction.
Back to top Go down
Davo

Davo

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:11 am

You have to remember though babe, most of the men out there would be totally intimidated by you, so if you don't make the first move you won't be getting any for quite a while
Back to top Go down
Benj

Benj

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:12 am

So your saying I'm scary?

I'm 5'4 for christsake ... how scary could I be?
Back to top Go down
Ant

Ant

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:15 am

I think he was giving you a backhanded compliment hun

Basically I think hes saying that most men would think you were out of their league, so wouldn't make the move in fear of being shot down in flames and scarred for life lol. They'd just assume you were taken or uninterested in mere mortals.
Back to top Go down
Davo

Davo

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:16 am

yeah - what he said lol.

Hey guys got to head off. Anyone interested in meeting up later on and doing some more threads?
Back to top Go down
Benj

Benj

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:18 am

I'll give it my best shot Why do men always need to make the first move 244951

Got to do all the school ironing and stuff first though. Speaking of which, I had better switch back to 'mum mode' and go save the furniture from the ravenous hordes.

Hope to catch up with you both later on :)
Back to top Go down
Ant

Ant

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 10:21 am

Think so. Only bought one of those prepaid wireless packages to use whilst I'm here visiting, so not sure how much time I've got left. Will do my best to get back later this evening.

Later guys
Back to top Go down
Admin/Luka
Admin
Admin/Luka

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:04 pm

I actually don't mind it. Would rather be the one being rejected, than the one doing the rejecting.
Back to top Go down
https://kaos.rpg-board.net
Sim

Sim

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:09 am

As if you ever get rejected Luka. You haven't got a big enough bed for all those notches on it Why do men always need to make the first move 367116
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do men always need to make the first move   Why do men always need to make the first move Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do men always need to make the first move
Page 1 of 1